Spinach is one of the healthiest vegetables out there, it's rich in vitamic C, potassium, and vitamin A and a lot more and it's the vegetable with the highest content in vitamin K which is extremely important for bone health.
- 1 1/2 cups of low fat milk
- 1/2 chopped onions
- 1 celery Branch
- 1 garlic clove
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Chicken broth
1. Place olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion, celery and garlic during 5 minutes until Golden.
2. In a deep pan, add the chicken broth, the low fat milk and the ingredients that were sautéd. Let it boil for 10 minutes. Add spinach and let it boil from 2 to 4 minutes until tender.
3. Turn off the heat and let the temperature stabilize. Then, change the content from the pan to a blender and finish by adding what´s left of the spinach
4. Blend until obtaining a consistent uniform mix.
5. Add salt and pepper to the taste
You can add some croutons to enhance the flavour, if you don't have you can simply make them by frying in olive oil french bread cubes until golden and you're ready to go!