Besides from great flavour, the leek is also very healthy! It helps avoiding fluid retention nd by it's low caloric content it's also ideal to be part of diet recipes. At the same time the leeks are a natural laxative and it can definately help if we're feeling bloated.
- 4 leeks
- 1 onion
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 Skim Milk
- 1/2 liter of chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Chop thin slices of onion and just the white part of the leeks.
- Picar finamente la cebolla y sólo la parte blanca de los puerros.
- In a pot add some olive oil and sauté the onion and the chopped leeks.
- when the leeks start changing color , add the boiling broth nd stir at the same time on low fire for 35 minutes
- Once everything is cooked, blend and add skim milk. when the texture is as desired boil again to finally serve.
- Add parsley on top and enjoy this nutitious cream!
Put tiny bits o feta cheese as a topping and serve!